- This event has passed.
Dive Bar Doodles: A Sketch Meet-up
February 4 @ 10:30 pm - February 5 @ 12:00 am
Dive Bar Doodles, Sketch Sessions, and music art …
Every 1st & 3rd Monday night I get my drawing practice in .. come out & sit with me at the Legionnaire Saloon and work on your own images! You can sketch your own projects, work on random still life setups, capture bar scenes, or use music its self as a model of sound to translate into a 2-dimensional image. When you need a break, you can always go upstairs & dance for a while. There are awesome DJs there for the Motown On Monday dance party in the loft as well as lovely bartenders to wet your whistle. But if you’re not into intoxication, that’s ok too.
COST: Suggested donations of $5-10 (Venmo @CottonTurner or just bring cash)
LOCATION: Legionnaire Saloon, 2272 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, California 94612
ALL SKILL LEVELS encouraged. 21+ only (must have ID for entry)
PLEASE BRING: your own supplies and a book light. (you won’t be able to see if you don’t bring a light with you). Electrical outlets are hard to find so come pre-charged. Outside food is ok to bring. I’ll be either downstairs drawing or upstairs dancing. Positive vibes only.
RSVP!! If I don’t see anyone has signed up, I might decide to sketch somewhere else. However always feel free to go on your own as well. 510-457-1420 text me, Yolanda, with any questions & if you need to confirm.
……………………………… FAQ’s ………………………………
– This event happens every 1st & 3rd Monday night
– This is a self-guided social sketch/doodle group for support, feedback, sharing resources, and getting encouragement to be creative.
– Motown on Monday dance party upstairs in the loft
– Drinks and beer priced right.
– Bring your own supplies and a book light. (you won’t be able to see if you don’t bring a light with you).
– Electrical outlets are hard to find so come with devices pre-charged.
– Outside food is ok to bring.
– 21+ only, ID required at the door
– Street parking available
– Easy to get to via Uber/Lyft, AC Transit bus, & BART (BART stops running at midnight)
– Wheelchair accessible venue (upstairs loft/dance party is not wheelchair accessible)
– Suggested donations of $5-10 (Venmo @CottonTurner or just bring cash)
– Feel free to text me 510-457-1420 if you have questions or to confirm before heading out.
– Positive vibes only – See you soon!
OFFICIAL HASHTAGS #DiveBarDoodles #AlamedaArtists
Please use these hashtags when posting about the event – We would love to see your pics & posts here in this event and in our group (you’re invited to join) https://www.facebook.com/groups/alamedaartists/
Dive Bar Doodles sketch sessions and music art is held every other Monday night in Oakland, CA. Designed to give artists space to practice skills & access to the joyful development that comes from creative output while also giving the community an opportunity to join in on the fun. This allows us to support each other as we seek a creative outlet for mental/emotional wellness, for experimentation with visual expressions with music, for practicing general drawing skills, for music interpretations & dance therapy, and to observe the cultural underbelly of Oakland nightlife.